You are currently on the following page:
Broad academic base and internationally known companies
The research-intensive development and production in the life sciences cluster benefits from the broad academic base which Zurich offers by way of the Federal Institute of Technology (ETH), the University of Zurich, the University Hospital, the other hospitals and the Zurich University of Applied Sciences (ZHAW). Extensive basic research and applied research are among the most important prerequisites for a thriving life sciences industry. Thus, to a considerable extent, the increasing momentum is due to the spin-off activities stemming from the universities. Some of them settled in the BIO-TECHNOPARK® Schlieren-Zurich. In addition to the various small and medium-sized enterprises (SME) some internationally renowned companies moved to Zurich. This results in a broad mix of scientific excellence, innovative spin-offs, established SMEs as well as well-known large enterprises.
The cluster activities are aimed at intensifying the cooperation between industry, research and academia and politics.
Numerous stakeholders cooperate closely under the umbrella brand “Life Science Zurich“ and jointly coordinate the following activities/committees:
- Business network, as a single point of contact to network the coordination of cooperation with industry, academia and research, as well as with the public authorities.
- Scientific programmes and centres of excellence
- Postgraduate education (LSZ-graduate school)
- Management of interfacing with Matura schools (LSZ-learning center)
- Network between students and industry (LSZ-Young Scientist Network)
- Communications (LSZ-Communication & Events)
Life Sciences Company Database
If you are looking for life sciences companies, organisations, R&D or professional service provides, investors or research institutes in the region of Zurich, the Swiss Life Sciences Database offers you many options.