You are currently on the following page:
A charismatic place to live and work
The Canton of Zurich is an important growth driver of the Swiss economy. With an annual GDP volume of over 120 billion Swiss francs – which is more than twenty per cent of Switzerland’s GDP – Zurich accounts for the largest economic performance and value added in Switzerland.
Zurich for work, research and finance
Zurich is a highly attractive place to live, where opportunities for recreational activities abound. It is also a popular tourist destination and much more besides.
Here are some of the many attributes that characterise Zurich:
- Highest quality of life
- Top universities, research institutes and think tanks
- Balanced mix of businesses with numerous innovative companies
- Internationally oriented business location
- Attractive tax climate, liberal labour market and political stability
- Local availability of qualified staff
- Multi-lingual, open-minded people
- Excellent links to international transport systems
- Rich cultural and gastronomic tradition
- The world’s safest metropolis